Teaching Composition in your Language Arts Curriculum. This week over at Every Bed of Roses I share some thoughts on composition and look at some resources to make this a part of your homeschool week.
Charlotte Mason says "The earliest practice in writing proper for children of seven or eight should be, not letter writing or dictation, but transcription, slow and beautiful work... Transcription should be an introduction to spelling. Children should be encouraged to look at the word, see a picture of it with their eyes shut, and then write from memory." v1 p239
The Homeschool Help Team have contributed their thoughts too
- Julie Motivating Kids to Write - Highhill Education
- Savannah shares "Tips to Help Non Writers Lose Their Hate"
- Lucinda 5 Writing Games Your Kids Will Love
- Nicole When Writing Brings Tears...
- Bernadette Cultivating a Love of Writing